A Glimpse Into Our History
In 2006 Fernando and Mercedes Castillo began a venture, with their family, to serve the community by taking food and clothing to the neighborhoods most in need throughout Lee and Collier Counties. God has been very good by directing so many people to help and support His mission.
The ministry originally began serving people at Jesus the Worker Parish. When that building was taken down, the mission moved to trailers on the AFCAAM property. Then in 2011, the outreach moved to a mobile effort.
The ministry continues to grow. Now, a more formal Community Outreach Program has been created in a building in East Fort Myers, on Palm Beach Boulevard, to serve over 1,000 families in need. The facility contains:
- Pantry, Café and Distribution Center
- Classes in English as a second language
- Literacy program
- Cooking, sewing, and basic general construction programs
- Resources to help women with domestic violence and human trafficking
- Notary services
- Additional resources to sustain the quality of lives and redirect those in need to an independent and successful personal future.
The programs have been supported by many churches, businesses and individuals with generous donations of food, clothing and children’s gifts. Without these donations, and financial support from so many caring people, the ministry’s work would not be possible.
These ministry programs include (but are not limited to):
- Christmas with Santa: Gifts for children are organized and distributed
- Thanksgiving: Feeding over 700 families
- Easter: Serving meals and celebration
- Children: More than 700 children are provided back-to-school supplies, backpacks, and shoes.
- Elderly: provides food and clothing to the elderly community in Immokalee
- Physically Challenged: provides food and clothing to those who are hindered by physical challenges.
- Migrant Outreach: Serving the migrant community with prayer service, food and clothing.
We invite you to visit us at 4711 Palm Beach Blvd., Fort Myers. It will be our pleasure to see you and give you a guided tour of our humble space which houses an “abundant heart”.
Please help us to continue to make a difference.